Cuban Adventures Media
Mentions in the Media
Cuban Adventures is referred to in the following articles that have been published in reputable newspapers and magazines:
- CNN - Cuban Adventures tour guide Karel is interviewed by CNN in their series titled "Voices of the Pandemic" about the effect of the Covid pandemic on tourism in Cuba. (Oct 2, 2020)
- USA Today - the article by David Oliver explains the changes to US-Cuba travel rules. It mentions Cuban Adventures as a tour company to legally travel with under the SCP General License category. (June 5, 2019)
- The Washington Post - Moriah Balingit looks at the future for tourism in Cuba and gauges the sentiment among Cubans about the likely changes. She was a traveller on our 6 Day Western Cuba Tour in 2016.
- Relix Magazine - Keith Rockmael looks at the musical side of Cuba and the different musical styles and rhythms that originated in Cuba. We assisted him with access to local experts in Cuba on music and music history. (Dec 21, 2016)
- Sydney Morning Herald - Comments by Vicky Copping were published in the “Traveller” section of this prominent Australian newspaper. Vicky expressed her gratitude to Cuban Adventures for refunding the cost of her trip to Cuba without delay after it had been cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic. (Sep 11, 2020)
- Lonely Planet - Cuban Adventures has featured as a recommended tour company in the printed version of the Lonely Planet Cuba guidebook since 2008.
Articles by Travellers & Bloggers
- Wild Travelling Soul - Photographer and content provider Rocio Arrieta fell in love with Cuba on her April 2022 tour with us. She titled her main article The Dreamiest Week in Cuba.
- The Wanderlust Rose - Full time traveller and photographer Emily Rose visited Cuba with us in April 2022. She was amazed by the Vinales valley and wrote about it in this article Vinales Valley in Cuba – 11 Places You Can’t Miss
- She Breathes Fire – Azrael joined our 6 Day Western Cuba Tour and did some solo traveling in Cuba as well. Based on this she wrote up a thoughtful Cuba Travel Guide and included an excellent summary of Cuba’s history and suggestions for the best way for Americans to visit Cuba.
- Bitten by the Travel Bug - Sophie took our trek to Cuba's highest mountain - Pico Turquino - and along the way visited the mountain hideaway that Fidel used before overthrowing the Batista dictatorship.
- Jonny Melon - Jonny joined our Multi-Sport Cuba Tour and recommends this itinerary as a great way to keep active while visiting Cuba on a 10 day trip.
- EtSy Explores | Old Havana Walk - Et and Sy tell how their walking tour with Yanet helped them understand Cuba as a country in transition and appreciate it in a new light.
- EtSy Explores | Afro-Cuban Religion Tour - Et and Sy took our Afro-Cuba Religion Tour in Havana and describe their impressions and their experience.
- Robyn & Darian - these travellers took an 11 day customized private tour with us in April 2016. They relate some of their more interesting experiences and encounters with the people and culture in Cuba.
- What's Katie Doing - Katie & Lucy took our walking tour of Old Havana with guides Alex and Inti.
- Taksidin - Aggie gives her impressions on Cuba and its people, and how her visit with us gave her inspiration and a more positive outlook on life.
- Wanderlust Megan | Las Parrandas de Remedios - Megan Kennedy gives us her first hand account of Cuba's craziest party (and one of its most traditional) - Las Parrandas de Remedios
- Wanderlust Megan | Visiting a Tobacco Farm - Megan Kennedy gives her impressions of her trip to the tobacco growing valley of Vinales in western Cuba.
- Mr & Mrs Romance | Tour Review - Jim and Christina write that going on their small-group tour of Cuba was the best decision they have made in a long time. They took some excellent photos along the way!
- Mr & Mrs Romance | How Much Has Cuba Changed - Jim interviews Cuban Adventures director John Ahrens to understand the changes that have taken place in Cuba over the last 10 years, and how that has affected Cuba as a travel destination. (October 2017)
- Inspired By Maps - Jordan places Cuban Adventures at the top of his list of 5 best Cuba Tour Companies.
- Twisht - Cuban Adventures is featured as a recommended tour company in this online Travel Wish List.
- The Road Less Traveled - experienced traveller and video producer John Cragen recommends Cuban Adventures in his video review of Cuba.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for media related enquiries.